If you’re a local business in Alpharetta SEO should be at the top of your list in regards to marketing. One of the most important, but often overlooked aspects of digital marketing is keyword research. Keyword research is the process of identifying the terms and phrases that potential customers are using to search for products and services online.
What is the goal of keyword research in Alpharetta?
The goal of keyword research is to choose keywords that are not only relevant to your business, but also have a high enough search volume that you can see a reasonable return on your investment. For example, if you are a plumber in Alpharetta, you might want to target the keyword “plumber Alpharetta.” But if there are only 10 searches for that term per month, it’s probably not worth your time and money to try to rank for it.
Fortunately, there are plenty of free tools out there that can help you with your keyword research. In this blog post, we’ll share some of our favorite free keyword research tools for local businesses in Alpharetta.
- Google AdWords Keyword Planner – This is a great place to start your keyword research. Simply enter a few relevant terms and AdWords will return results based on monthly search volume, competition level, and more. Best of all, it’s free to use!
- Keywords Everywhere – Keywords Everywhere is a free Chrome extension that shows you monthly search volume, CPC (cost per click), and competition data for various keywords right in your Google search results. This is a great tool because it allows you to quickly get an overview of a keyword’s viability without having to leave your browser window and go to another tool.
- Ubersuggest – Ubersuggest is a free keyword suggestion tool offered by Neil Patel. Simply type in a seed keyword, and Ubersuggest will generate hundreds of related keywords with estimated monthly search volumes. You can then filter these keywords by country, language, and other criteria.
- Wordtracker – Wordtracker is another paid keyword research tool, but they do offer a free 14-day trial so you can try it out before deciding if it’s worth the investment. They have a large database of keywords and provide detailed information on each one, making it easy to find the perfect ones for your business.
- Google Trends – Last but not least, Google Trends is a great way to see how popular certain keywords are and how their popularity has changed over time. This information can be helpful in deciding which keywords to target in your marketing efforts. While Trends doesn’t provide as much detail as some of the other options on this list, it’s still a valuable resource that’s absolutely free to use!
There’s no question about it—keyword research is an important part of any Alpharetta digital marketing strategy. And fortunately, there are plenty of free tools out there that can help small businesses in Alpharetta do their keyword research on a shoestring budget. So what are you waiting for? Start using some of these tools today and take your digital marketing strategy to the next level!
Jeff Evans is a seasoned SEO consultant based in Atlanta, Georgia with over a decade of experience in the industry. Since 2008, Jeff has been passionately helping businesses of all sizes achieve their SEO goals and scale their operations to new heights.
With a deep understanding of the latest SEO best practices and industry trends, Jeff has helped countless business owners to rank high on search engine results pages and increase their online visibility. He is known for his comprehensive and data-driven approach, which has yielded impressive results for his clients.
Jeff truly loves what he does and is committed to helping businesses achieve their full potential online. His dedication to his clients and his craft has earned him a stellar reputation in the SEO community, and he continues to be a trusted advisor and consultant to businesses across industries.
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level online, Jeff Evans is the SEO consultant you need in your corner. With his expertise and guidance, you can rest assured that your online presence will be optimized for success.